Why School Uniforms?
Uniforms take the competition out of dress.
When students dress similarly, concentration returns to who students are, rather than what they are wearing, or what they can afford. Uniforms aid in fostering self-esteem by eliminating the external differences that may once have led to students being teased.
Uniforms create a sense of belonging.
As on athletic teams, uniforms are worn for immediate identification and to inspire a feeling of “oneness”. A sense of loyalty emerges, as does an extra effort to perform at the student’s best.
Uniforms enhance individuality.
Uniforms encourage students to develop their personal flair in areas such as music, art, sports, or academics.
Uniforms raise students’ expectations of themselves.
When dressed neatly and seriously, students tend to be calmer, more polite, and more attentive. Students seem to feel more confident in the way they look, and so they have more confidence in themselves.
School Dress Code
The first day of school, we will begin wearing our uniforms. All students are required to wear uniforms (Preschool-7th Grade). The school shoe is a tennis/athletic shoe. This is for your child’s safety at P.E. and recess. Sandals, flip-flops and boots are cute, but please insist they respect the dress code.
Our uniform policy follows NEAT, CLEAN, AND MODEST guidelines. Bottoms must be mid thigh length.
This policy is intended to serve as a tool to:
- Create an atmosphere free from distraction.
- Serve to dispense with competition due to outward appearance and affluence.
- De-emphasize outward appearance in favor of inner beauty and character.
Whether a student’s appearance (dress, hair, make-up, etc.) is in compliance with the Policy is to be determined at the sole discretion of school staff. If in violation of the dress code policy, parents will be contacted to bring appropriate clothing.
- Tops- polo or Lands End button up with VFS crest
- Bottoms-gray, blue, khaki, or black
- Boys: dress pants, dress shorts, or jeans
- Girls: dress pants, dress shorts, skirt, jumper, or jeans
All Other Days:
- Tops- VFS or VFC shirt
- Bottoms-any color
- Boys: athletic shorts, pants or jeans
- Girls: athletic shorts, pants, shorts, skirt, jumper, or jeans